Tuesday, July 22, 2008

wisened wolf women



I saw this image and couldn't help but think of the words of wisdom I've finally begun to resonate with in "Women Who Run With the Wolves". I had purchased the book years before upon recommendation from a dear friend whom I admired (and looked like she had her shit together), but just didn't understand it's message then. I'm grateful now that I am ready...that I'm beginning to listen to my intuitive self, to trust it's voice and it's deep, knowing growls. Becoming a momma wolf has helped immensely in my letting go of the world's expectations of what a woman should be, and ultimately, because I'm allowing my wiser wolf to come forth, I'll nurture the same within my daughter. While this book and it's message is not "consecrated" per say, it's hallowed to me.


"A healthy woman is much like a wolf: robust, chock-full, strong life force, life-giving, territorially aware, inventive, loyal, roving. Yet separation from the wildish nature causes a woman's personality to become meager, thin, ghosty, spectral. We are not meant to be puny with frail hair and inability to leap up, inability to give chase, to birth, to create a life. When women's lives are in stasis, ennui, it is always time for the wildish woman to emerge; it is time for the creating function of the psyche to flood the delta...It means to establish territory, to find one's pack, to be in one's body with certainty and pride regardless of the body's gifts and limitations, to speak and act in one's behalf, to be aware, alert, to draw on the innate feminine powers of intuition and sensing, to come into one's cycles, to find what one belongs to, to rise with dignity, to retain as much consciousness as we can."

No comments: