Friday, January 22, 2010

A Dollop more of Happy ~ Week 1

I'm sitting here having just visited Jamie's new on-line book club which I'm a participant of (The Next Chapter ~ The Happy Book ~ TNCTHB). This week The GLEE circle's book is somewhere between Toronto and Alberta, on it's way to Nadia so that she can bask in it's creative prompts to add more HAPPY into her life in some way.

I'm also sitting here trying to think of all the things I purposely did this week to bring more HAPPY into my little world...and I can't for the life of me think of anything I went out of my way to do! How disappointing...how forgetful....and how enlightening! Instead of berating myself and making myself feel all shitty I'd rather focus on the positive side:

I forgot, big deal. Did I do things that made me happy this week ~ yes! Were they extraordinary and full of intention to add rainbows to my life? Noooo...but they were daily tasks that I did for me...and more ME time = HAPPY-happy, joy-JOY!

Thanks to visiting TNCTHB, I'm reminded of giving my days (or at least once a week) that extra dollop of purposeful HAPPY.

...and although this wasn't solely ME time, this snapshot of our playtime together does make me giggle...



7 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

I think having the weekly happiness check-in will be good. It will encourage us all to focus on being merry makers. Have a happy week! Love the photo!

Unknown said...

I like your way of Happy. No going out of your way Happy, just Happy! Love the picture too.

Sorrow said...

Is that tea time? or what? OH you look so bliss_full and fun!
I miss that age... Oh how I miss it!
ENJOY it a bit extra for me today will you?

becky nielsen said...

I haven't gone out of my way, either, but have paid attention more, perhaps to what has made me happy. What fun you look like you're having - one lump or two?
Enjoy this new week!

WrightStuff said...

I love dressing up - seeing that lovely picture sure made me happy!

Lisa @sacred circle said...

It's those little moments of delight that bring you closer toward the deeper, filled-with -intention happy stuff, so GOOD FOR YOU! Woohoo! Here's to many more happy moments!

MrB said...

Nice outfit!