Sunday, May 6, 2007

Disco Sunday & blog etiquette...

It's another kid-free Sunday here and I've got disco funk (courtesy of iTunes) streaming through Tom's super 'puter stereo...."Woman, take me arms...rock me Baby!" *pause long enough to pump n' grind in my chair* It's an even more beautiful day because I'm allll alone! There's no one here but me...which means I get to embrace the day however I see fit...and seeing as it's 10:48 already, and the sun is calling, I'm going to stay inside long enough just to post this...

Blog etiquette....I've tried to respond to you who leave comments by either emailing you or responding back in the comments section, but I never know if you see/get it, so I hereby declare that I will respond more often than not in another post. It's easier for you to access my responses, and it allows me to share with everyone else...

So....my previous post "Budding"...the image is of a plaque that a friend gave his girlfriend years ago. She took it up to her parents place near Kilaloo, ON and settled it next to their wood shed where flowers and other plant life soon welcomed it into it's new home. I fell in love with it as soon as I strolled past it...and it beckoned to be captured (and photoshoped). The exact image you now see also hangs on my friend's wall, a christmas gift from Tom and I. The two figurines seemed to express the sensuality I was trying to capture in my wee poem...

(stop....sway to the boppy "Oooh, I love to love....")

The photo "Day 5 etc" that I posted on Mama Says Om last a couple of weeks back for their theme "Sex" was taken back in 2006 by me...well actually by the self-timer on our camera, but it was MY idea. Tom and I were just laying in the sun streaming through our window and it felt like a "kodak moment"...so we set up said camera on tripod and voila! It's definitely one of my favorites and I really struggle with exactly where to hang it in our home...

The new look...yes, I like it too! I'm learning alot about html coding thanks to Beta Blogger for Dummies and working on totally revamping my blog all by myself! Um...well Tom help's decipher the language (like what the hell a widget is)...and I curse alot...but it's slowly coming together. I've been wanting to do this since my birthday back in December but Tom has been so freaking busy with work (which is a good thing don't get me wrong) and has pushed me to find another solution (read: stumble upon said website, praise the gods).

And finally...going private. I am finding it really challenging to go ahead with my decision! Other than your everyday, run-o-the-mill health privacy issues, I am, by nature, not all that private with my day to day life. I don't rush to close the curtains when night falls and the neighbrs can see into our lit rooms...I don't ensure our yard shrubbery grows high enough to block our adjoing neighbors view of our activities...hell I don't even have a fence on the east side...and clearly if I was private, would I have a public blog, a flickr account etc.? I don't see another solution though...Olga's obsession hasn't subsided (from what I've been told, her nerosis is ingrained), and I'm sure that every post only fuels it even more. I'll keep you posted blog neighbors...

Oh, one other thing. I can't for the life of me get my blogs to show up in my profile. I have tried all tips that Blogger offers and it still won't work. So if I sign off on my comments with my blog address, you'll understand it's because it ensures you find your way back here and not just my (lengthy yet enticing) profile.

I'm off to play under the blue skies...but not before reminicing with Spandau Ballet "I know thiiiis muuuuch is truuuuueeeee"...

Skipping in my bare feet,
Lil

No comments: