Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Scared as Wreck!

While I didn't abandon "12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women", I did stop writing about it here. The experience became very personal, and I fought many gremlins throughout the book (and the library who wanted their book back), but I plodded through regardless. What an amazing book! That book reinforced to me that I am indeed a creative person who needs to create like I need to breathe and eat. It also reinforced to me that I need to make time in my crazy stay-at-home-mom schedule for that creative spark to be heard. I may not get to the whole creating part per say, but if I can jot down my thoughts and visions, then my dreams and goals weren't dying in darkness. What a big revelation for me...what a relief too. For Mother's day I asked for my "creative corner" to be organized and put together (we're still unpacking from our move) and this weekend I hope to complete with my partners muscles and support.

I've taken on the next book club challenge to participate in the tasking/wrecking of "Wreck this Journal". Let me tell you, I'm scared about this one. It takes me a helluva long time to create something when I set out to do it. It's a painstaking process of the desire to create and to fight the gremlins that are shouting at me to do something useful and practical and for my family instead of just me. And now I want to join a bunch of creative crazies (no insult intended, that's my gremlins talking) and at the end of the exhausting and exhilarating book, destroy it??! *rolls my eyes towards the heavens* Goddess save me...

Apparently though, I'm still leaping...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's scary, but some other people participating think it'd be fun, so maybe they are right!