Thursday, March 4, 2010

freedom from fear

my heart cracked open some months ago, i didn't even realize she was closed.
i lie on bolsters and blocks in a gentle encouraging way, breathing, urging...fearing (oh the fear)
the rawness of what's inside peeks around the corner of the crack
wondering what it feels like...out there...

still breathing, still sighing...still reading, sometimes writing....
still thinking, sometimes feeling stillness...

I don't know where I am most days...
but I feel more connected and aware than I ever have
but, oh the fear...

3 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

Hi dear Oat! So sorry I am late here. I seem to be circling the same place you are. Lots of things creating stress and nothing to do but walk on through it and breathe.
So my heart is with you hon...keep breathing..this too shall pass. Sooner rather than later I hope for us both! Sending gentle hugs and good energy your way hon!
Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Ditto that. It seems I've been consumed with anxiety lately and trying to keep things in perspective.
Hang in there...we'll make it.

kerrdelune said...

Anxiety and fear to be sure, and I am holding onto the hope that our fear will lead us somewhere better and brighter