Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Six words

I was on the phone today with a best bud whom I havne't spoken to in about a month. I summed up what's has been going on with the recent changes in my life as "It's all boring, just mom stuff."

Hours later, I'm filled with guilt...

3 weeks ago, we made the decision to keep Monkey-Moo home from the babysitters. Her separation anxiety has become unmanageable for the sitter, and it seems that it's best if she stays home with me. I didn't plan on being a stay-at-home mama, but I will be if Monkey-Moo needs me. Our days are anything but boring...we explore every playground within a 10km radius, scrounge around in the back garden, upturning rocks for bug life, run errands - you know the typical things one does with a 19mth old! I enjoy Monkey-Moo's outlook on life..."everything is new and exciting and just waiting for me to play with it!"

My days are are filled with only the marvel that my daughter can exude...and yet, I diminished every one of those moments together with 6 harmful words. Sharpen the guillotine...

What I really should have said is "Monkey-Moo and I spend time bonding with one another, exploring our corner of suburbia and try to make each other laugh at least 13 times a day! It might sound boring to you because your life is filled with different joys, but for the most part I am having a blast! I'm really grateful for the time I can spend with her...now I know why mothers make the choice to stay at home until their wee ones attend school."

...enough with the guilt and flagellation...

...the next time someone asks me what I've been up to, I'm going to sum it up in another 6 words...

"Reciprocating my daughter's love for life!"





No comments: