Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Inspiration from the get-go


Ever since I decided to join this month's creative group, I've been chomping at the bit to get started. So last night after wandering the small section of my fave bookstore, drooling at too expensive journals, my partner-in-crime and fellow drooler gifted me with this one. It says,

"That's the way it is with your dreams. They scratch at your door. You see them through the peep hole: A stray dream looking for a home. You think it might go away if you ignore it. Wrong. It's still there when you open the door, smiling. Wagging it's tail."

I giggled when I saw this one, (the other four companion journals were just as moving), of course dreams don't go away, they just wait forever it feels like. I'm opening the door, no longer looking at them through it, but rather standing in their presence and wondering what to do next. Which is where I've been for years now with my dreams...where to go, how to bring them into fruition, and do I need others to believe in them or is it enough that I do? Deep down I know the answers, but they sometimes get stuck behind the chaos of day to day life you know? I'm determined to come to this space, to read the book and fully participate, because in the end, I can't deny my dreams any longer.

And inside my journal it further encourages me with this:
"This is a space for dream words, love words, made up words, flying words, fall down and get up words. Get to know the sound of your own inner voice. Be creative. Be generous. Be bold."

Alrighty then, here I go...

No comments: